Remotely based with 1 day per quarter report into London head office- BAU Office return in 2022
Main purpose of role
The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Analyst will help support and deliver management reporting, financial planning and business performance management across UK Trains.
• Supporting and coordinating financial planning of UK Trains – consolidating, analysis and quality of budget and forecast presentations
• Help produce all forms of divisional reporting e.g. Monthly & Quarterly Business Reviews, Parent Company Board Packs etc.
• Production of centralised month end reporting data books and packs which provide the basis of all UK Trains reporting Support the improvement of UK Trains reporting, driving one source of the truth by working collaboratively with the Business leads and Central Finance.
• Provide day to day support including financial analysis and support the Head of FP&A promoting an agenda of CI and transformation.
Identify and champion opportunities for efficiencies and better working across Finance within UK Trains and across the Company
• Provide financial analysis and support for projects spanning across OpCo or indeed across business units with Company plc and UK Bus
This role requires:
A qualified or part-qualifed accountant or with an appropriate degree level qualification
An excellent academic record with experience working in FP&A , MI and KPI reporting.
Strong focus on delivery to tight deadlines.
Excellent communication skills.
Strong commercial drive and analytical capability.
Ability to work as a supportive member of a team or independently and to be a self-starter (with drive, a dynamic work ethic and an ability to prioritise effectively).
Team and performance management skills.
Excellent organisational skills.
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Commitment to personal development and development of others.
As an employee you have a responsibility to co-operate with managers in ensuring that the workplace is safe for everyone by taking reasonable care not to do anything that might endanger you or others, either through your actions or lack of action, and never to act in a way that causes either you or the Company to be in breach of the law. You are expected to consider, and take account of, the potential hazards and risks in everything you do whilst you are at work. Detailed H&S Responsibilities are published in the Company HS&E Management System.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Uphold, safeguard and promote the reputation and values of the organisation throughout all internal and
external business relationships and activities.
Diversity – Be an ambassador for, promote and implement the Diversity Policy at all times.