Remotely based with 1 day per quarter report into London head office- BAU Office return in 2022
FTC until Jan 2022
Main purpose of role
Reporting to the Finance and Commercial Director for UK Trains, the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) will manage the co-ordination of all management reporting, financial planning and business performance processes across UK Trains, producing high quality management information.
Budget responsibilities – Divisional Turnover circa £2bn
This is an excellent opportunity for a high calibre Head of FP&A to add value in what is a focus area for UK Trains. As UK Trains moves into an ever challenging landscape, clear, timely and accurate information is more important than ever. This role will take ownership for improving this area. Providing visibility of performance and initiatives to senior stakeholders is also key whilst leading and managing the fundamentals of FP&A for UK Trains.
• Accountable for the financial planning of UK Trains and driving improvement in the process; the use of analytics; and quality of budget and forecast presentations
• Lead the development, design and process of exec level reporting e.g. Monthly & Quarterly Business Reviews, Parent Company Board Packs etc.
• Manage production of centralised month end reporting data books and packs which provide the basis of all UK Trains reporting Support the improvement of UK Trains reporting, driving one source of the truth by working collaboratively with the Business leads and Central Finance.
• Introduce and drive forward an improvement to the rigour and rhythm around financial reporting, continual benchmarking and highlight additional opportunities and insight across UK Trains
• Provide day to day financial and commercial support to the Managing Director and the Finance and Commercial Director of UK Trains; including financial analysis, performance management, forecasting and reporting, commercial insight
• Identify and champion opportunities for efficiencies and better working across Finance within UK Trains and across the Company
• Provide financial analysis and support for projects spanning across OpCo or indeed across business units with the plc and UK Trains
Accounting qualification ACA/ACCA/CIMA
Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills
Desire to progress within the company as this is a high profile role with great upwards potential
An eye for accuracy to ensure a quality output every time, both financially and verbally
Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to both constructively challenge and influence at all levels
An ability to establish credibility with senior leaders across UK Trains and work with them to help provide valuable commercial support and business insight
Have the ability to work independently and proactively, identifying where improvements can be made in all aspects of our activity without being pushed to do so
Have the ability to make a significant commercial contribution in understanding the underlying performance drivers of the business
Be a strong all-rounder with demonstrable track record in commercial analysis and evaluation and business planning / evaluation
As an employee you have a responsibility to co-operate with managers in ensuring that the workplace is safe
for everyone by taking reasonable care not to do anything that might endanger you or others, either through
your actions or lack of action, and never to act in a way that causes either you or the Company to be in breach of the
law. You are expected to consider, and take account of, the potential hazards and risks in everything you do
whilst you are at work. Detailed H&S Responsibilities are published in the Company HS&E Management System.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Uphold, safeguard and promote the reputation and values of the organisation throughout all internal and external business relationships and activities.
Diversity – Be an ambassador for, promote and implement the Diversity Policy at all times.
Values- be a role model for the Company Values