Do you have Translation Experience or a Translation Qualification?
Are you Fluent in both the German and English Language?
Location: Brentford, London (TW8) Since 1994, Our Client has been providing outsourced (QA) Quality Assurance, Customer Experience and Localisation Services to the Interactive Media, Internet of Things (IoT), Technology and e-Learning markets. The translation role involves performing language checks on a range of yet-to-be-released games for a variety of platforms including PC, Xbox One, PlayStation®4, Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®VR and various mobile and tablet devices.
You would be working on top gaming titles for some of the biggest publishers in the World. As one of their German translators, you will be the very first person to see the localised game in its entirety – translated text, images and the rest of the user interface all together. You’ll get to experience the project in the way it will be consumed by the end users. You will work in amultilingual project team, ensuring that game is free from grammatical errors, cultural inconsistencies and ultimately ensuring that the game is accurately localised into the target language.
Candidates with previous German translation, proofreading, copy writing or linguistic experience and those with a passion for languages, culture or gaming would be ideal for this position.
What you’ll be doing Identifying German grammar issues, misspelled words, missing punctuation, incorrect capitalisation and other punctuation language issues/errors.
• Looking for German inconsistencies in texts, inaccurate translations and making improvement suggestions when sentences or words sound unnatural. Finding and describing issues in English as well as in German.
• Analysing German text to identify and correct issues related to localisation and accurately providing detailed and complete reporting (and subsequent revision) of those errors or problems, whilst making suggestions for improvements.
• Tracking and ensuring consistency of in-game terminology between languages and researching to ensure authentic and accurate contextual use of language.
• Logging details of errors/issues found and providing critical analysis and concise feedback. What we’re looking for: • Native level fluency in German, particularly reading & writing, and a good level of English • Strong understanding of the German culture. • Previous Translation Experience or Translation Qualification
• Excellent attention to detail, strong communication skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite – particularly Microsoft Excel. • A willingness to do repetitive tasks and adapt to ever-changing technology.
• An ability to work either alone or in a team and with other colleagues, sometimes under pressure to meet deadlines.
• A passion for video games would be a plus!What we offer:
• Competitive salary • Fixed Term Contracts • Generous annual leave offering • Regular socials • Great office location based in Brentford • Free breakfast • On site Gym • Monday to Friday work (No weekends) • 8.30am to 5.00pm working hours (40 hours per week